PIEDMONT ITALY MOUNTAIN BIKE TOUR
May 27 - June 3, 2018 • 8 days 7 nights • Four days of mountain biking • Wine tour and tastings • Cooking lesson • Two days off the bike to explore other hidden treasures • Join us for a unique and memorable tour!
LADIES, IT'S TIME TO GO TO PIEDMONT ITALY!
This is an intermediate tour on a level 3 out of 5 with 15 to 20 miles each ride (30-35km). We have a guide and support vehicle available and can add or subtract mileage depending on the group. 40% single track-40% jeep trail-20% paved
PIEDMONT ITALY MOUNTAIN BIKE TOUR OVERVIEW
Piedmont region of Italy sits at the foot of the Alps and is known for its sophisticated cuisine and wine. Surrounded by three sides of the Alps and boasting the highest peaks in Italy. Lending a picturesque backdrop to the sweeping valley below, which is speckled with small villages, castles, and vineyards.
Join us for a unique mountain bike tour supported by our friends at Giroola in Villareggia, Italy. A week spent on and off the bike to journey together as women.
We will spend four days making our way by mountain bike around the Anfiteatro Morenico trail. A natural amphitheater of small peaks overlooking the valley that is dotted with small villages and lakes. Making our way by single track, jeep trail, and rolling through villages along the route.
A day off the bike will be spent exploring the beautiful Valsusa. Going west towards the border with France, we'll follow the ancient routes of pilgrims and warriors while enjoying the view of the mountains, the peaceful nature, and the valley between the incredible abbeys and monasteries that stand like sentinels.
We will explore the Roman Amphitheatre in Susa and the frescoes on the vault in Sant'Antonio of Ranverso. Ending our day of exploration with the magnificent Sacred of San Michele, the abbey, which inspired Umberto Eco's "The name of the rose".
During our journey to the wine region of Langhe, we will go through Monferrato to arrive to Canelli, where we will visit the Unesco Heritage, the "Underground Wine Cathedrals" sampling the prized Moscato and Barbera. We will be staying in this beautiful bed and breakfast!
Please read tips on what to expect in Italy.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Transportation not listed
- Bike gear We will include a detailed packing list upon registration
- Travel insurance Check out our recommendation under travel resources. Strongly recommended! It covers medical, travel disruption, damage to belongings, and more. We never travel without it
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- 7 Nights in B&B, double room with breakfast
- 7 Dinners (classic dinners, cooking class, home cooked pizza)
- Cooking classes
- Aperitivo Erbaluce in the vineyards
- Visit to the Castello di Agliè
- Visit to the Castello Labyrinth in Castello di Masino
- Guided visit to the Wine Cathedrals and wine tasting
- Visit to Cascina Lacourt
- Visit to the goat farm and cheese tasting
- Entrance to S.Antonio di Ranverso Abbey
- Entrance to Sacra St.Michele Abbey
- Bike rental with flat pedals (participants can bring pedals to be mounted) *option for ebike for extra fee
- Guide on the bike and support vehicle
- 1 Transfer from and to the airport Milano Malpensa
- Closest airport is Milan Malpensa. Pickup at 3 pm. Another airport option is the Turin airport (a short bus or train ride to Villareggia)
- Destination Villareggia, Italy
Sunday, May 27th
- Arrival day
- Meeting by 5:00pm in Villareggia
- Bike set-up and snacks
- Welcome dinner at Cascina Amorosa
Monday, May 28th
- Today's ride is Andrate to Viverone Lake
- Afternoon tour around the lake and Gelato
- Dinner on the Piazza at Franco's in Villareggia
Tuesday, May 29th
- Today's ride: Viverone to Villareggia
- Masino Castle and Labirinth
- Village of Maglione
- Dinner at Apericena in Villareggia at the Chiosco with locals and Mamma Bruna
Wednesday, May 30
- Tour by van: Langhe Wine Region Tour
- Visit wine cathedrals and wine tasting
- Goat cheese factory and tasting
- Cascina Lacourt Art in the Vineyard
- Roccaverano: a hidden treasure
- Dinner in Langhe
Thursday, May 31st
- Today's ride: Villareggia to Aglie'
- Erbaluce Vinyard
- Lunch at Candia Lake
- Santo Stefano Church
- Castello di Aglie'
- Dinner: Cooking lesson with Mamma Cleri
Friday, June 1st
- Tour by van: Valsusa
- S. Antonio di Ranverso
- Susa and the Roman Park
- Sacra St. Michele
- Santa Clelia Winery with Apericena
- Dinner: night in Villareggia on the Piazza with Apericena
Saturday, June 2
- Today's ride: Villareggia to Brosso (End of the Anfiteratro Morenico Trail)
- Lunch at Alice Superiore Lake
- Dinner: Barbecue at Cascina Amorosa
Sunday, June 3
- Departure day from Villareggia at 8 am