TUSCANY BICYCLING TOUR
June 24th - 30th • 7 days 6 nights • 4 days of bicycling the country side • Wine tour and tasting • Cooking lesson • Opportunity to paddle board the Arno river •A day off the bike to explore Pisa and Lucca
LADIES, IT'S TIME TO GO TO TUSCANY!
You are invited to be one of ten women for this irresistible bicycling and cultural experience. Whether you’re a bike novice, or advanced rider, you will be encouraged at every turn.
There’s nothing quite as breathtaking as Italy from your bike. The unobstructed view provides an intimate experience with the rolling hills, ancient buildings, and oh-so charming culture. You’ll see endless sights along the way, and what you might be surprised to find is yourself!
The villa B&B La Rocca is located in a historical Tuscan Villa dated XVI-XVI century and is recognized by the province administration of historical interest.
IN THE B&B YOU WILL FIND
- Historical living room with ancient billiard table, library, wi-fi, and games
- 5 rooms in rustic/romantic style (3 double bedrooms and 2 family size rooms)
- 2 bathrooms
- Tower and terrace with magnificent views of garden with olive groves overlooking Florence
- Farmyard animals
- Artwork covers the walls from Isabella’s grandfather. He was inspired by the Villa and surrounding area to paint some beautiful pieces
- The Toti family
The Villa is over 500 years old and has been lovingly cared for. Do not expect luxury but an authentic and romantic/rustic experience. This tour is an intimate experience and will only have room for ten women.
Please read tips on what to expect in Italy.
You will be staying at a cozy 500-year-old villa owned and operated by the Toti family. Isabella Toti will be giving our group Italian cooking lessons in her kitchen and sharing other delights of the Tuscan culture. You will have time for daily reflection; wine sipping, a day off the bike for sightseeing and so much more.
Rides will be between 30 to 50 miles and will be adjusted to meet the group. A guide will be with us on every ride and a support vehicle following the group. You will be riding in the wine region of Tuscany and there will be rolling hills and extended climbs. Group rides will be organized for those close to Portland Oregon and certainly a great deal of information on how to prepare for cycling and travel.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Helmet and cycling shoes (specify pedal preference at sign-up)
- Travel insurance: Strongly recommended! It covers medical, travel disruption, damage to belongings, and more. We never travel without it.
- Stand-up paddleboard on the Arno river (extra activity)
- Guided walking tour of Florence (extra activity)
- Transportation to and from Villa. (We can help coordinate)
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Lodging June 24-30, 2018
- All Dinners listed
- Road bike (provide measurements at sign-up)
- Local guide on rides 4 rides total - Intermediate level (guides will evaluate group ability and will determine length and difficulty of rides to suit the group needs. Rides range 30 to 50 miles per ride)
- Support vehicle
- Italian cooking lesson
- Wine tour and tasting
- A visit to Lucca and Pisa off the bike to explore and shop
- Closest airport is Florence, Italy (FLR)
- Destination Carmignano (province of Prato) Approximately 15 miles by car
Sunday, June 24
- Arrival day
- Bike set up and aperitivo
- Welcome dinner
Monday, June 25
- Ride - Carmignano to Vinci
- Dinner in the village of Carmignano with locals at Osteria dei Mercanti
Tuesday, June 26
- Ride - Chianti Greve and Radda area
- Cooking lessons with Isabella
Wednesday, June 27
- A day off the bike to explore the beautiful cities of Lucca and Pisa
- Dinner at villa
Thursday, June 28
- Ride - San Gimignano
- Vineyard tour and tasting
- Dinner at Villa
Friday, June 29
- Ride - Chianti area
- (Extra fun) Ponte Vecchio paddleboard on the Arno or guided tour of Florence. Option to shop on own
- Celebration dinner
Saturday, June 30
- Departure day
(REGISTRATION CLOSED) Please inquire with questions.
$3250.00 per person for double occupancy. $3150.00 per person for triple occupancy. (No option for single due to space) Minimum 6 and Maximum 10 participants. Balance due by April 15th, 2018